Monday, August 8, 2011

So the first week of school is over and after only one breakdown over 6th grade Language Arts homework (and that was me and not Christian) we managed to make it through the week. It's been a while since I had a middle schooler, and well, let me just say, I see alot of communication between me and the teacher so I can keep up!

Have you ever had one of those days where you knew something was going on. You had a gut feeling but you really couldn't put your finger on it. Like you should be remembering something but you have no clue what it is. I was like that all last week. I honestly had no clue and with school starting, it didn't much matter anyway. And then my brother text me....

" It's a sad day"

And then it hit me, hard. I know I have said this for the past few years, but it really is true. It had been 13 years this past Friday that my mom passed away and I didn't remember until he sent me that message. Some kind of mental block I guess. I figure it keeps the pain and stress out that way. But I knew something was going on, in my gut. So that pretty much took care of my weekend. I never talked to my brother this weekend, only text, because I knew if I did, both of us wouldn't be getting too much done. So I did like I always do.... stayed home, cried a little, thought alot and wrote.

I thought about how I REALLY needed her Thursday night with that middle school work cause I knew she would know just want to do. Thought about ho she would be beaming ear to ear knowing that Brianna had her first job. Thought about how Khaaliq probably would have her wrapped around his finger like he does me. Thought about those days that we would just go to the mall and walk. Window shopping mostly, maybe having a iced coffee from Books A Million and just talking. She just knew how to take the stress away. I miss that most. So I went and got some flowers... I haven't been able to take them just yet, but I will... this week.

What can I say.... it never goes away but with God's help, I seem to push through.
John 14 :27 (NIV) "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

I pray you all had a wonderful weekend. Remember folks, "be blessed and be a blessing" always! Until next time, Lord willing...

No comments:

Post a Comment