Monday, August 23, 2010

It was a really long week last week and all I could think was "where is Friday and can you get here sooner???" The motor died in my car, so I am on the search for something else (NOT FUN!!), softball all week long and it was hot out, kids had a million and one things due last week for school and it's just the third week and by the time Friday came, I just wanted to relax. To take out my frustrations, I decided (with a really wonderful friend of mine) to paint the boy's room over. It needed it really bad and at the time, it sounded like a good idea to her and me. Tony even volunteered to help us out and between the three of us, it turned out really good for amateurs. This weekend was going to be one of those that I was going to be distracted very easily because of all the things that had happened the week before and because of those two, well, they keep me focused, kept me laughing and smiling and basically told me to trust that God would take care of me.

If you are anything like me, change is not what I wanna do. I am comfortable in my skin, comfortable doing what I have always done and get really scared when things are done a little different. It's a hard pill to swallow sometimes, complete trust and as much as we all know God is the only way, we still try to figure things out our way. But learning to trust God means changing everything we know, everything we are use too and knowing that He has our best interest at heart. And then be able to honestly say.... "it's gonna be okay".

It rained most of the weekend and I got the chance to just sit outside some and soak it in. Hope you all got to enjoy it as well. Love you all and Lord willing, we will talk again soon. Be blessed....

No comments:

Post a Comment