Thursday, July 1, 2010

Time to give it up!

My daughter is very excited about the upcoming school year. She is going to be a sophomore in high school. She has already started picking out what she is wearing the first day, down to the color of the band she is gonna wear in her hair. Softball starts in August too so she is super excited about her first game. I, on the other hand, worry about her reading these books on her summer reading list so she can pass the test the first week of school, I worry about if she is going to be around the right group of friends or if she will make all the right decisions. Worry, worry, worry....

I have been praying for a friend who is pregnant right now and just really stressed out. I was thinking about her yesterday and this verse came to mind:

Philippians 4: 6, 7 - Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

It is so easy to stress and worry about things we cannot control. We want things to turn out well, I want my daughter to make the best and right decisions, I pray that my friend's baby is born happy and healthy, I pray that the issues going on in the world right now turn around very quickly, and there is nothing wrong with any of that. But I think we just really have remember where all the power lies. And if this verse is not enough to convince you of how wonderful, great and powerful our God is, he reminds us over and over again in the Bible:

"He will feed you like a bird, adorn you like a flower, and let you deal with life on a day-to-day basis, but if you’ll truly give up control and worry, I’ll throw in Peace, too."

Hey, I know it's not easy giving up control. You are talking the QUEEN CONTROL FREAK here and I honestly don't like not knowing what is going to happen. But God PROMISED us (and He never goes back on His word) that not only will He take care of the situation we are going through, but on top of all of that, He is going to also give us a peace. How can we not wanna give it up?

I pray daily for calm and peace. I really do. and I hope you do too. Have a wonderful day and for those that are going to be off after today for the long holiday weekend, be safe and blessed!! Until next time, Lord willing...

No comments:

Post a Comment