Monday, July 19, 2010

I really feel that God sends us messages daily and that it is up to us to be still enough to listen, hear, understand and do what it is He is calling us to do. This past weekend was no exception for me. We went to church on Sunday morning and if I have said it once, I have said it a thousand times, God was talking to me again. Greg preached a sermon on temptation and sin and as I listened, I thought about the thing that tempts me most and how Satan tries to find any way to get to me. Honestly, it's a daily battle for me, something I have to talk to myself about and stay away from. Then after the sermon, a letter was read from someone in the church. Long story short, a friend of theirs had passed away and they felt a sadness and guilt because they did not feel like they had done all they could do to ensure that this person knew who Jesus was and was not sure if they would go to heaven or not. Needless to say, it was an emotional Sunday morning for alot of people. And of course, it got me to thinking...

There is so much going on right now. Not just with people you work with or see on occasion, but the ones you see everyday, your own family. As Christians we have the great responsibility of spreading God's message of truth and love. Just because people don't want to hear it, just because they may not be the "kind of people" we like to hang around or just because we don't feel like it, we still are commanded by God to go and teach everyone. There is no picking and choosing who WE think should be allowed to go to heaven. We are still here on this earth for a reason. I mean seriously, think about it. With all the mess, drama and discord we cause on this earth, God really could have wiped us all out a long time ago. But He hasn't because He wants as many of His children to be with Him as possible and it's up to us to do that.

I have really been bothered lately by some things that have been going on. I even went so far as to talk to a few people about it and basically it's still an issue. The sermon this past week, that letter, really hit home for me and I know that now is not the time to be holding back because as we discussed last night in life group, living til we are 70 or 80 is not promised to ANY of us. You could leave work today and never see your family again. We hate to think about things like that, it's kinda morbid to be honest, but it is still very true. And knowing that today, this very moment could be your last, how are you gonna live it? MY personal prayer has ALWAYS been that God let me live long enough to see my last child graduate from high school and go one to have some kind of career. So that I won't have to worry. But for as much as I pray it, it just may not be in God's plan.. and I know that. So for the time I have right now, I try to instill what I need to in my children so that they will know and lean on God in every single situation that have. I know He will take care of the rest.

I hate to be such a downer on Monday morning (Mondays are rough enough as it is) but I think we seriously need to think about how we live our daily lives. Are we doing what God wants us to do, live how He wants us to live or are we just going through some motions until we figure out some thing better? There really is no time like right now to make some changes ya know....

I had a WONDERFUL weekend with my nephew. He is the greatest, let me tell you. I pray you all had good, safe weekends and that your week is starting out wonderful. Until next time, Lord willing....

No comments:

Post a Comment