Monday, July 12, 2010

Everywhere you look today, the world is promises that "stuff" will make us happy, will fulfill us. That if we have it, people will love us more. Whether it be some big house on the hill, traveling all over, making a six figure salary and basically just having what we want when we want it. The world AND Satan tell us to grab all of it and life will be great. In reality though, there is only one way to experience true love and that is through Christ Jesus. I was reading a book the other day on Paul and you know it really amazes me. Paul went through alot of trials and turmoil in his life but never once swayed from the notion that no matter what was going on, God was the only one to turn to in those times. and for the most part, Paul did alot of his teaching IN prison. I have to think, how would I act if I was locked up in prison for my beliefs and would I still be as faithful as Paul was??

We should be encouraged knowing that God loves us SO much, that HE was willing to give up the one thing that most of us would not even think about giving up.. His one and only Son so that we would get the chance to spend eternity with him. An eternity where the house, cars, jobs and money won't matter.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I did. I got to spend it with the family and it was great. So much so that I had some separation anxiety this morning and really had to do some serious praying to get this far in the day. :)

Until next time, Lord willing...

No comments:

Post a Comment