Tuesday, July 20, 2010

This past weekend in Blakely, Georgia a man committed a double murder and then killed himself. His victims, his wife and son. He also shot his daughter, I assume in an attempt to kill her but she survived. The man and his wife were school teachers there and just from what I have been reading, were well liked by all, things seemed to be going fine, as far as everyone else was concerned so everyone, as I would be and am, are in shock. Why would someone take another person's life, especially his own wife and child? It makes no sense at all and for as much as the police will soon question the girl to see what she knows, I really don't think they will ever find out the truth. It died along with the man.

I don't know that anyone could have done anything to prevent what happened in that house. Not sure if there were some signs maybe that people around them missed, but I do know that as I have been saying for the past few weeks and for me, this confirms some things for me personally... we HAVE to be involved in people's lives. I am not saying dip all in the business down to every single dirty detail, but if you are not sharing God's message, helping when people need it, being there for someone to talk to, we are seriously missing the boat. Sometimes, its not what people say, it's what they don't say. Start paying attention. Start WANTING to be involved in something other than yourself.

We sang one of my favorite songs again this past Sunday, I Belong to Jesus, and my favorite verse in that song will always be

"Satan goes around like a roaring lion, seeking who he may devour, but he has been defeated so I'm testifying' by the blood of Jesus he's lost his pow'r"

Don't let Satan catch us off guard. That is what he lives for. To make those little things in life get us so off track, that they turn into big things and we get so far in them, so caught up that sometimes, there is no turning back.

I really pray you all have a wonderful day. Do something good today, something out of your normal routine and watch God work! Love you all and Lord willing, we will talk again soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment