Friday, July 16, 2010

I think God turned His back on me. I have been asking and praying for this thing. I am really sure it's what I need and it will be a great help to me, so I really don't understand why He has not given it to me yet?"

Okay, these were not the exact words I heard, I paraphrased, but this was the gist of it. And as I listened to this person talk, kinda wanting me to agree with them I think, my brain (as usual) started working. Now I realize from my own selfishness, that I ask for things that I think I need in my life. I mean like I have said before,. I know me better than anyone right? So it makes sense that if I ask for it, that God should oblige me and let me have it.

But something I have learned and I told this person this is that what we THINK we need is not always in God's plan for us. Maybe it's more of a want than a need. Now God DOES answer prayer, there is no doubt about that, but when we ask for selfish gain or just plain wrong motives, I seriously doubt we are going to get the answer we like. But that does not mean we won't get an answer. Maybe God has something else in mind. May not look like what we wanted, may cause us to have to work a little harder (something we do NOT like) and it may end up taking longer, but He still can give you something else that works out so much better.

Our pride gets in the way of alot of things. For some reason we think people OWE us and we DESERVE so much more than most of us actually give. And even if you are the type of person who rally does give alot, always the first one to offer help, so what? I mean really! God commanded us to serve others anyway and if your only reason is that you are doing it to get some kind of reward from God or pat on the back or have your name mentioned, well, I think you may need to seriously re-think some things.

God wants us talking to Him. He wants to be the first person we think about when things are going not so good AND when things are going good. He doesn't want us giving up when things get rough, He just wants us to know that He is the one and only way out. Once we realize it, things will probably become much easier for us.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. My brother left yesterday but my nephew is still here w/ me until Sunday so we are gonna have a fun filled weekend. Maybe I will send a few pics next week. Until then, keep praying, keep trusting, keep being a blessing and be safe...

No comments:

Post a Comment