Friday, July 2, 2010

Not only do I keep a blog page, but I have a folder set up on my yahoo account with my bogs in them. So if people respond to me, I save those, positive and negative, and from time to time go back and read them. It just helps me stay focused I guess.

Yesterday I had a conversation with some very good friends, people I have known since high school, almost 20 years ago and I realized something again. God allows us seasons, I really believe that. I think that people are brought into our lives for reasons, not all of those we will know nor should we know. We may start out with someone, helping them along the way and never get to see the finished outcome. Our season is just over with them, for now. I think that sometimes those people we were extra close to a long time ago may or may not end up in our lives later on down the road. And that's ok. God uses people, some good, some bad, so that we can learn and grow. But then there was something else that hit me yesterday as we were talking:

"A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother" Proverbs 18:24

When I read this verse, I don't just think about one person in particular, but I think how God has truly blessed me with some wonderful friends in my life. And all at the right times. I have learned through trials and hard times, who those people are and I just wanted to say thank you. I write not really to give any kind of advice. As a matter of fact, I probably need more than I can ever give, but when I go back and re read some of the things you send to me for encouragement and support, well I just wanted you to know how much that means to me. I pray you all have a wonderful, safe and blessed 4th of July. I am staying home, no big plans other than hanging out with the kids. Lord willing, we will talk again next week

No comments:

Post a Comment