Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Yesterday I had a conversation with a really good friend. We decided that between the two of us, with so many things that we had seen, done and been through, we probably could write some kind of self help book. There are days when I can talk to her and she understands just where I am coming from because she has been through similar things and her with me. Not that I can't talk to other people, but there is something about talking to someone who had been through the same kind of things and them offering advice because they have come out on the other side of it.

You know that no matter how hard our problems are, God can use all of that for some wonderful things. When other people are in need, you will be able to listen, offer advice and help them in ways that not everyone can do. I guess in an odd kind of way, your problems can also turn into your spiritual gifts.

2 Corinthians 1:3-5 (Msg) "All praise to the God and Father of our Master, Jesus the Messiah! Father of all mercy! God of all healing counsel! He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us. We have plenty of hard times that come from following the Messiah, but no more so than the good times of his healing comfort—we get a full measure of that, too."

I would imagine, like in my own life, that it is really not fun going through bad times and the last thing we may want to think about is someone else. But even though things may not work out the way you would like them for you, God will still use you to help someone else. I don't profess to have all the answers by any means, but I know that through all the things I have gone through in my short life on Earth, that maybe others can see and learn from some of it.

I pray you are all having a wonderful week. I really am. My nephew has been with me and let me just say, I love him to pieces. He's cute, he's funny and it just amazes me how God is working in his life. I can see it Mollie, I really can. I think I might wanna keep him here forever : ))

Until next time, Lord willing...

No comments:

Post a Comment