Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Very thought provoking .. for me anyway....

Before I write this.. if my son hears about this, well.... just don't tell him I told you!!!!

This past weekend, I actually got to do something on a Saturday I have not done in so long, I almost forgot how... sleep!! The kids were home playing and it was so nice that Saturday afternoon I got to take a much needed nap. Now, when I sleep, probably like most mothers, I sleep with one ear open. If the kids open the door, the frig, whatever, I tend to hear it. Well my youngest decided he would use my bathroom instead of the one in the hall. Ok, whatever.. I was too tired to fuss. After a few minutes I heard this loud scream.. " MAMAAAAAAA MAAAMAAA COME HERE HURRY!!! I jumped out of the bed so fast, I hit my knee on the dresser and almost fell. He was yelling and screaming, tears running down his face. All he said was " CALL MY DADDY, HURRY NOW". Okay, maybe I'm dreaming or something... I just kinda look at him. He's still crying begging me to call his daddy BUT not to leave him. I asked what was wrong and he said......

" I gotta poop and it won't come out". It took all I had, bless his heart, not to laugh. But I didn't cause he was very serious. Then he yelled.... " I'M GONNA DIE, HURRY AND CALL MY DADDY". He actually thought he was about to die so I did what any mother would do.. I called his daddy for him. When he answered, he could hear him screaming (cause at this point he had not stopped yet) and he begin to panic. I told him to calm down and explained what was wrong and that my son thought he was about to die and he wanted to talk to him. I could hear him laugh a little but he talked to him. After a minute he gave me the phone and I told him I would take care of it, he would be fine.

After a few more minutes, we took care of my son, but not after I assured him he was not going to die that day in the bathroom.

And as funny as the story was and is, just as sure as we are born, we are going to die. But death does not have to be the end, it can be the beginning. In Galatians, Paul said "“Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up” Galatians 6:7-9.But know that eternal life is not a reward for our works, but a gift of God. In Ephesians 2:8 is says “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast”.

What we can't do (like I use to) is think we have all the time in the world. "I'll change tomorrow, cause I really don't want to stop now", " God will give me another day"... there is no time like right now to get your lives right. And the right thing is not always easy. Actually sometimes doing bad stuff, stupid stuff is the simplest way if you ask me. I mean sin is fun, admit it. It sure was for me and boy was it easy to get into. Now the day I decided I wanted to start living like I was suppose to... WHEW.. hardest day of my life you hear me!! I mean 24 hours felt like a million hours!!! But each day is getting better. I'm not perfect, but I'm trying.

I will be a little open with you.. my biggest fear use to be death. After my parents died, it basically consumed my mind so much that I would stay awake all night because I had myself believing that if I was awake, I could " see" what was going to happen. Then after I had children and got divorced, I had to try to do something to stay alive so that the kids would not be left alone. It literally was driving me crazy. But after years, literally years... I just know to live how I am suppose to each day, there is nothing I can do about tomorrow or what might happen, and trust in God because He will take care of everything!!

My son trusted me when I reassured him that he would be okay and I trust God when He told me that "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” (Revelation 21:4).

I hope you all have a great day.. I think its gonna be a nice one! Lord willing, we will talk again tomorrow...

1 comment: