Monday, April 27, 2009

Serving and my daughter

This weekend was really good for alot of different reasons. God gave us a perfect weekend to get out and do something constructive. The weather was beautiful. Sunday I got to go work on a habitat house for the very first time. And let me just say, although I sorta work with and in a construction type field, I have a new found respect for anyone who does construction for a living. I actually got to nail and hammer joists (I think is what they called them) to the crawl space on a brand new home for someone. I mean, I was only there for the morning, but I was thinking the whole time.. someone is going to walk on this floor I am helping do. I just didn't want to do it wrong and it fall it!!! It was really an eye opening experience for me.

My daughter also surprised me. See she stays mad at me for some reason, doesn't really matter what. I think it goes along with just being a teenage girl, and if your daughter is not a teenager yet.. I'll start praying for you now!!! But after her basketball practice late Sunday afternoon, she decided that she was going to buy her and one of her friends dinner with HER OWN money!! Now, my daughter likes to spend money.. MY money, but when it comes to hers, she tends to wanna hang on to it as long as possible. But I took them to get something and she got them both dinner. I think she was actually listening when Greg was preaching!

It's all about serving people. In any way possible. You don't have to build houses, give tons of money, or take all of your day, OR you can if you choose, but we are commanded to serve other people. Jesus gave us many examples on how He Himself served others.. one that sticks out is at the Last Supper, when humbled Himself and washed the disciples feet. Do you know that their minds were probably like " WHAT IS GOING ON??" This was after wall Christ and HE was not suppose to be doing tasks such as this. But I guarantee you that the disciples would remember this and be humbled themselves to serve others. Our society today is so selfish.. it's always about them.... after all this time we can still learn alot from Jesus' and His life on earth!!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and have a great week. Lord willing, we will talk again tomorrow....

Love ya!!

1 comment:

  1. How cool♥ I would have liked to volunteer with Habitat!

    ReplyDelete