Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I have a friend who is really going through a difficult time in his life. He has decided that he and his wife are having too many issues and they should be divorced. Alot of things brought them to this point and as far as he is concerned, there is nothing else to do but leave. I spent about 2 or 3 hours a few nights ago talking to him. You know how you can tell sometimes when you talk to people who have seemingly made up their minds that their minds are not really made up? Well, that's what I got. I told him, ANYTHING is possible with God. (Matt. 19:26, For with God all things are possible.) Although it seems like all is lost, it really isn't. Satan is alive and well and he is the one who has you believing that things can't work out. Although he understood what I was saying, I could tell it didn't matter a whole lot.



I also believe with all my heart, that everything happens for a reason. I have said that so many times, I probably need another tattoo with that saying on it! Sometimes things happen to you at the time that may seem horrible, painful and unfair but, upon reflection, you realize that without overcoming those obstacles you would have never realized your potential, strength, will power or heart. He doesn't see that now, nor do any of us when we are going through things, but after all is said and done, I know that personally have just been like "OHHHHHHH OK, I get it now!!!"



And the hard part ( for me it was anyway)... forgive them. It's even a mouthful to say! If someone hurts you, betrays you or breaks your heart, forgive them because they have helped you learn about trust and the importance of being cautious to whom you open your heart to.

Matt. 6: 14 - For if forgive men when they sin against you, your Heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do NOT forgive men their sins, your Heavenly Father will not forgive your sins. POINT BLANK!! And this was the hardest thing for me let me tell you. But I don't think that God wants you to be stupid, not necessarily forget, but once you forgive, then don;t bring it up again!!


So at the end of the conversation, I just said... I'm gonna just pray because I honestly believe there are NO problems that God can't fix in a marriage or any situation as long as the people are willing to open up, listen to God and each other and just be willing to work on the hard stuff. And I am asking you to pray also for my friend and his wife. I believe In the power of prayer .. it changes things and this situation is no different!!

I pray you all have a great day!! Love ya and Lord willing..........

No comments:

Post a Comment