Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day... ughhhhhh

I don't like Valentine's Day, never have to be honest. I cannot tell you how ill I get at Christmas time when on one aisle, you have Christmas decorations and on the other, Valentine's candy. I mean really??? It doesn't get more commercial than that to me. One day that folks run out, to buy candy and cards to tell that person "I love you". I would personally like my significant other and friends to be telling and showing me that everyday and not just that day. I like flowers, cards and texts for no reason and not just cause other people are getting them. I liked to know that I am loved, even when I may not be so lovable....

So instead of being negative this morning (cause I felt it coming) I got on the computer, read some devotions and came across a verse in Isaiah 43 where God was talking to the people of Israel. Even though they had done things that were not pleasing, God said to them:

"Don't be afraid. I made you and I will take care of you. You are mine."

Just like those candies that the kids are passing out today with all the little messages on them, God says " You Are Mine". Just like the people of Israel, we are disciplined when we do not do what God wants us to do, but even through that, He loves us unconditionally. Not because we happen to be good on one day, but just because. There really is no greater love (or Valentine) than that.

Make sure you are showing Christ's love everyday, to everyone. I really do love you all (and not just cause it's Valentine's Day). I hope you all have a wonderful week... it's going to be a real busy one for me.. Until next time, Lord willing....

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post for this Valentine's morning. I am not a fan of this day either but I have this message you posted today to make it a little brighter and give it some noncommercial meaning for once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, another perfectly summed up post!

    We are HIS!! I am glad I am His and not Satan's

    ReplyDelete