Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My friend Pam is an awesome writer, not to mention a really great person and friend. I love reading her blog because she quite honestly, tells it like it is. And God is always her guide, you can tell through her writings. So the other day she had a post on being accountable and basically how we as Christians need to have a friend (or two) to hold us accountable for the things we do. You know, checking up on us, making sure that we are doing our best to stay on track. Whether it be Bible study, exercising, praying, raising kids or getting along with your mate, we all need someone who will help us. Making sure that that someone is of the same mind set as you, meaning that God is first and the ultimate goal is heaven.

Scripture tells us in I Corinthians 12 that Christians are all part of the same body - the body of Christ - and each member needs or belongs to the other. So as believers in Christ, we need to have someone that we can go to in good and bad times. It also says Galatians 6 (The Message)- "Live creatively, friends. If someone falls into sin, forgivingly restore him, saving your critical comments for yourself. You might be needing forgiveness before the day's out. Stoop down and reach out to those who are oppressed. Share their burdens, and so complete Christ's law. If you think you are too good for that, you are badly deceived." And one of my all time favorites, we are to "encourage and build each other up."

There are days when everything is seemingly going right for me and then there are days when everything I touch seems to end up in a mess. I need to be held accountable for my actions, should have someone that I can go to. We all should. So, thank you Pam for that blog.... I am going to do just that.

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up…" Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

I pray you all have a really good day. Its been a good week so far, thank you God!! Until next time, Lord willing, "be blessed and be a blessing!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment