Tuesday, February 8, 2011

So a friend of mine sent me a devotional this morning and the scripture was Proverbs 18:21 (The Message) - "Words kill, words give life; they're either poison or fruit—you choose."

And I thought about a conversation I had with another friend yesterday who was upset. And honestly, I understood why she was upset, I had been there and done that. And what she said I had said all too many times. But then I also remembered that as mad as I was then and she was yesterday, being negative would not help. Actually it would hinder us both in what we needed to be doing. The more negative you put in your head and let out of your mouth, the more negative things would happen to you. We can't change what people do around us and we can't make them into who we want them to be.. some people are just not nice (and that's putting it nicely) but what we can do is change our attitudes, thoughts and words. Hard I know but totally necessary if we plan on moving forward in our lives and want to receive the blessings God has in store for us.

I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed day. Until next time, Lord willing....

No comments:

Post a Comment