Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I think at any given time, a person can be pushed to their breaking point. And what you may think is yours, may not be mine and vice versa. I also don't think that God wants us to stand around and let people run all over us. I just don't. I mean doing good and what is right is what we are commanded to do, but letting people use is going a bit far right? Last night was it for me. I told you before, I don't handle stress well. I make no bones about it. When I am mad, I am mad. Case closed and I pretty much don't want to hear anything else. I get from Tony and a few people who have been around me when this happens how I need to "calm down" and all that jazz, but it's funny, cause when it's them, they are not listening to "calm down" from me. And then from my anger, cause that's what it is, things just start to flow out of my mouth. Not things I would normally say, but they do. Not good.I just don't like people trying to or even thinking that they are getting over on me nor do I like the feeling of being used so why bother.

and THEN I got on Facebook this morning and a friend from church posted this verse:

Proverbs 15:1-3 - "A gentle response defuses anger, but a sharp tongue kindles a temper-fire. Knowledge flows like spring water from the wise; fools are leaky faucets, dripping nonsense. God doesn't miss a thing— he's alert to good and evil alike."

UGHHHHHH .........as much as I don't like to do it (cause I like defending myself if I have too) sometimes, it's just better to say " ok" and move on and not let it fester. God expects us to show Christlike attitudes all the time, not just when things are working in our favor, but even when people tick us off. I still honestly don't think God wants us to be doormats, but He probably does want us to handle every situation like Christ would. I gotta work on that, cause truthfully, that's a hard one for me. So, I am glad David posted that this morning, I sure needed it as a reminder that it is STILL not about me and to let God handle His business.

Relax, release...... it's going to be a good day. Our Region basketball tournament starts today... GO INDIANS AND SQUAWS!!! I love you all, and until next time, be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment