Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Repaying evil for evil......

Never pay back evil for evil to anyone. Do things in such a way that everyone can see you are honorable Do your part to live in peace with everyone, as much as possible. Dear friends, never avenge yourselves. Leave that to God. For it is written, 'I will take vengeance; I will repay those who deserve it,' says the Lord. Instead, do what the Scriptures say: 'If your enemies are hungry, feed them. If they are thirsty, give them something to drink, and they will be ashamed of what they have done to you'. Don't let evil get the best of you, but conquer evil by doing good." (Romans 12:17-21)

Yesterday I found myself getting really, really mad. I have not been like that in a very long time so when it starts to happen, I KNOW it. I opened my mouth and stuff just started coming out... not good. Anger does that. You say things that you really don't mean, to people that you normally wouldn't and then you have a big ole mess.

But my anger, as I thought about it before bed last night, was more because the person is still hanging on to it, not me. Let me try to explain.... when I decided that things had to change in my life, I just "assumed" that everyone one else would jump on the band wagon and wanna change too. but you know what they say about assuming....... not everyone is going to or even want to change at the same time no matter what is going on in their lives, no matter what they are doing. They want to hold on to the past as hard as possible and try to do everything in their power to make the other people around them miserable. Now by NO means am I saying I have it perfect... if that was the case, I would not have gone to Florida this past weekend.. LOL. All I am saying is that, I cannot spend the rest of my life being mad and anger about things or people I cannot control and it is not my place to punish them.... all that is left up to God and what He wants to do. So that's where I leave it.

Now a year or so ago... yep.. for sure, I would have tried to handle the situation myself... revenge and all. Not anymore and as hard as it is for people to understand it, all I can do is explain the best I can and pray. The rest is up to God.

I hope you all have a great day. I think it might be raining today.. I like that! Lord willing, we will talk again tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment