Friday, July 17, 2009

Just in case you die.. I love you!

know I said Monday, but sometimes things happen that you just have to get out right then.

The air is out at my house.. again. Let me just tell you how something like that can ruin a very good day. Well my ex brought over a fan for the boys and I had one at work that I needed to go and get. I put the kids in the car and we headed to my office. It was getting dark outside, but it wasn't totally black. As I pulled up in the office parking lot, I told the three of them to stay in the car and lock the door, that I would be right back. As I stepped out of the car, my youngest said " Mama, just in case you died on the way in there, I love you." Stopped me dead in my tracks. I turned around and he was looking at me with those eyes... the eyes that can make me melt. I said "What did you say Khaaliq"? He said, " I said just in case you die, I want you to know I love you."

Well, I was already emotional about the air conditioner and that just took me over the top. Tears just swelled up but I sucked it in as much as I could and said " I love you" three times (because you know each one of them want one JUST FOR THEM). Wow.. is all I could think... wow........

My 7 year old reminded me tonight that life is so short and that we need to value the time we have right now. The things we are so worried about right now, mean nothing. We need to be telling and showing each other love and compassion because we may not get that chance again.

I hope you all have great and safe weekend! Lord willing, we will talk again on Monday! Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. I totally think God gave me kids to help put things into perspective for me. But still, I've lived where you live and I pray that your air conditioner is fixed SOON! I didn't have air conditioning in my car when I lived there and that was bad enough! Blessings Danette!

    ReplyDelete