Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Stress, stress and more stress

I am an over thinker. I'll admit it. I take something that starts out really simple and by the end of it, I have made it into alot more than what it was. This leads to all types of issues, namely my mood swings. I can start out really happy in the morning and because of worry and stress, by noon, I am a basket case. I realize I have this issue, and although I try really hard to not think so much, it just happens.

I am a fixer. I don't like having problems and no answers. It's just not normal to not have to worry, at least in my head anyway. I like things peaceful and happy all the time. Cuts down on alot of mess if you ask me.

But these issues I have, and yes I know they are issues that lead to problems sometimes, are ones that I know are brought on by myself. I know that in 1 Peter he says " to cast all burdens on Him" and in Phil 4:13 (one of my favorite verses actually) it says I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." So all the things that I am trying to figure out, all the things I fight hard for to fix or make right, well I know that God does expect me to use my brain and figure things out, but I know for a fact He wants me to lean on Him and not always have the answers, but let HIM do what He promised He would. God has given me (us) so many gifts,everything we have is from Him, so don't get it twisted thinking that YOU actually did something.. nope, He allowed us to have it. But He sure does not want me or any of us stressing about things we have no control over, things that we may not be able to solve. That's what He is there for. His power is limitless and if we lean and call on Him, that same power is there FOR us. Philippians 4:13.......

I would imagine that this is not really for anyone else but me today. I told my minister one day that I really don't write for anyone but me. I guess it's like a release, and today would be no different. I do love you all bunches though and Lord willing, we will talk again soon.

The weather is beautiful and according to the news, will be all this weekend... perfect for throwing out a few blessings wouldn't you say?!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment