Monday, April 19, 2010

I had a dream last night, a nightmare actually that someone was harming on of my children and I could see it but could not reach him to get him out of harms way and protect him. The dream was so real that I woke up in a panic, ran into his room, and brought him to sleep with me. I guess he kinda freaked out because I was like " COME ON, COME ON". I gave him a really big hug and kiss and told him I love him and he didn't say a word. He just took my hand in his, covered it with his other hand, and fell back asleep.

Let me tell you.. there is not much I won't do for my kids if it is within my power. Yes, I think they are a little spoiled and yes, maybe sometimes I overdo it with them, but I will be honest with you, I would literally hurt someone who would cause any harm to any one of them and it's not that I think we should go around hurting or killing people who do us wrong, but I think that in times of fear and distress, something just comes over us.

Just like I would fight for my children, we also have a God who is willing to fight for us. Just like he did for the Israelites when he parted the sea for them to protect them from the Egyptians, a people who had every intention of killing all of them. My greatest fear in the world is for anything to happen to my kids, but because of God's love, I don't have to be enslaved by those fears. All we need to do is pray and stand firm and trust in God's deliverance, and that does not mean things won't happen, I know that, but it does mean that God will be there for us through all of those times to protect and comfort us.

Although the night was long, the weekend was great. Along with my three kiddos, I had two more with me for the weekend and it was great. We had a blast! I hope you all enjoyed your weekend and hope you have a great Monday! Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment