Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I am sure many of you do not know who Keith "Guru" Elam is. He was a founding member of the rap group Gang Starr and yesterday at the age of 43, he died after a long bout with cancer. It was really sad and although I am not a hard core rap fan, I do love the music though, it made me real sad because one, he was so young and also because he had a child. But it also made me sad when I read the letter he wrote on his death bed that was to be released when he passed away. The letter was rather long and he talked about alot in it but the thing that stood out to me was the fact that he spoke about his former partner and other member of the group. Basically I assume that things were not good between them and he said in the letter that he did not want him using his name, the groups name or anything to gain any profits from. There was even a part I read from his family that said they were not allowed to see him and that only one particular friend had the authority to make decision about his medical condition and his estate.

Now I don't know what led up to all of this and I know we ALL have things going but on his death bed, to me, it sounded like he was holding some major grudges. I cannot and AM not judging him because like I said, I have no clue what went on, but Romans 12:19 says

"Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but give place to wrath, for it is written: Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord. No, if your enemy is hungry feed him."

Holding grudges means that we think God is not capable of handling the situation and that He needs help and that if we don't do something right then, it will be forgotten. But its not our business to be doing God's job. Vengeance is His and He will do as He sees fit. The only thing that holding grudges do is make Satan smile because he has us right where he wants us....thinking we are God.

I pray that things were made right when Guru passed away between him and God, I really do. And I also pray that if any of us are holding grudges (and sadly I have done that alot) that we let all the anger and pride go and let God be God.

I hope you all have a wonderful, blessed day! I get to host the 2009-2010 AHS Basketball Banquet tonight so my afternoon and night will be busy busy busy! Until next time, Lord willing....

No comments:

Post a Comment