Wednesday, March 31, 2010

So you're trying to figure out what to do.... hmmm....?

Someone asked me recently how did I know I was getting an answer from God. Hmmmm.. well to be honest, sometimes I have no clue myself. Normally for me, it's one of those answers that I don't want to have to do. I tend to be kinda hard headed and want my way, and when I start asking for things from God, He pretty much tells me "ahhhhhh no, you need to do it this way". And of course it works out. But the answers are not always clear, rarely ever when I want them, there is no bright light that forms around my head and sometimes, well, some of the answers I still have not gotten. But I keep on talking and asking and I figure soon enough, it will happen, one way or the other.

But since they asked and we had that conversation, I figured out some things. We think we are capable of making some decisions (you know, the SMALL ONES) on our own. How foolish is that? We were all given brains for a reason and that is to use them. God is not there just for the BIG issues that come up in our lives and if you have not been asking for help and guidance the entire way, then don't expect things to just automatically flow your way. God knows us better than we know ourselves and there is nothing that we will ever need that He cannot supply, if only we will ask in ALL situations.

Also, I think that God does reveal things to us, through His Word and the Holy Spirit but in order to get to that, we need to "Pray without ceasing". God knows that life is going to get hard for us at times and that we will have no clue as to what we need to do next. In James it said "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." I think that it's okay to get help from others. Sometimes a listening ear and some sound advice is good because they have been through some of the same things. But these poeple need to be people who really are in tune to doing what God wants them to do. The advice need not be their own, but some that can be backed up by what God says. After all, they are not the ones that will have to del with the end results of your situation. You need to be able to listen to what God is telling you and make that decision for yourself.

But what if you DO know what you need to do and then don't do it? Some things are really plain and we ignore every sign thinking that maybe it really WASN'T a sign after all and I need to wait and just see.. again. Ahhh listen, let me tell you from experience, if the answer is plain as the nose on your face and you ignore it... it will NOT go away. You are only prolonging the inevitable. Sorry. Say it however you want to, but God will have His way in the end. Period.

It would be foolish to ask God to help you figure out major life changes in your life if you are ignoring all of the other things in your life that you THINK you control. God needs to be a part of all areas in your life. From the time you wake up in the morning, you need to be thanking and praising Him. When you make it to work, you should realize what a blessing it is to be there. When you are able to go grocery shopping, put gas in the car, talk to friends throughout the day, all praises should go to Him.

I pray you all have a wonder, blessed day. My week started out kind UGHHH but its shaping up into somethingso much better, thanks to God! I love you all very much and until next time, Lord willing...

No comments:

Post a Comment