Monday, March 15, 2010

It's been a rough past week. This past Tuesday, my great aunt Gladys Walls passed away. She was my grandma's younger sister and well into her 90's when she died. It was expected, she had been sick a long time and she had lived a long life. But hearing the news still, was sad. Her funeral was this past Saturday. Friday night they were having a wake, and my aunt Viola (my dad's sister)in Jacksonville was suppose to come. She called one of my aunt's here and said she didn't feel well and that she would not make it to the wake, but she would be here Saturday for the funeral. 45 mins later, I get a call. She had a heart attack and passed away Friday morning. This Saturday, I have to go to Jacksonville for her funeral.

I left work Friday and I had so many things going through my head.

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die ..". (Ecclesiastes 3:1-2)

"You do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14).

I cannot tell you how great my aunt was. A real woman of God. Her son, my cousin is a minister in Florida. I can't think of a time when she came here or I went there that she was not a positive light that always, always looked for good in everyone. My cousin said the other day that God picked another two flowers from our garden to go home with him and she was right. Not perfect by any means, but always striving to do right. And although tears have been and will continue to be shed for her, I honestly have no doubts in my mind where she is. I was truly blessed to have my Aunt Viola in my life and my family and it makes me smile to know that I will see her again one day.

Death, although NOT my favorite topic, is something that happens, that we all will experience one day whether expected or not. And let me tell you know, if you haven't already, it's really nothing you can prepare yourself for, but I take comfort (and you can too) in knowing that God, is still there. That we should not be afraid of it, but if we have luived the life that God wants and tell us too, that it will be and is just the beginning of something more beautiful than we can ever imagine.

I really would like for you all to say a prayer for my family. As much as my uncle an cousins know that God is in control and that He is there to comfort them, it still is really hard.

I hope you all have a blessed and great week. Until next time, Lord willing...

No comments:

Post a Comment