Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sigh.....

Khaaliq's teacher is one of the finalist in the DOCO School System's Teacher of the Year thing. For the past 3 weeks, she has e-mailed parents DAILY and talked to the kids daily reminding them to be on their best behavior when the news people come in the room for pictures and interviews. So yesterday she said they would be in today.

So I started last night telling Khaaliq.. " PLEASE do not talk, be on your best behavior." He was like OK momma, she tells us everyday. Well when he woke up this morning, and got in trouble before we hit the door, I should have KNOWN to keep him home from school then. His dad calls me when he picks them up and said " Guess what your som did when the news people were in the room?"

My heart just fell to the floor... did he talk out, did he get up out of his seat too many times.. did he say something he didn't need to say??

HE, my son, the youngest, decided that TODAY would be the day he taught the call how the "donkey butt dance" was done. IN FRONT of the camera.....I cannot TELL you how embarrassed I was and am and that was just over the phone. I don't think I can look that woman in the eye. Her comment to my ex was.." I don't think they actually recorded it, but if that's the last impression of me that got.. I won't win"

There is no inspirational message today, no food for thought, just I REALLY LOVE MY CHILDREN.

I pray you all are having a blessed day and pray for my son.. he's gonna need it!!! Lord willing, we will talk again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment