Wednesday, October 21, 2009

To God be the Glory!!

My daughter plays 3 sports, but honestly, if it was not for her, I would never go to a game. I am just really not into sports that much, but something caught my attention this morning on the news. This past week, a player in Fitzgerald, GA, R.J., caught a touchdown pass in the end zone and when he did, he didn't jump up and down and do the crazy dances we see on TV, he didn't hoop and holler and act the fool, he simply stood perfectly still, and pointed one finger up to the heavens.... giving glory and honor to God for allowing him to catch that pass. The refs threw a penalty flag.

After this, seems they lost 15 yards or something like that (I don;t understand the language) and everyone from Fitzgerald was upset. They said on the news, if you knew R.J. you would know how much he loves God and would never be disrespectful. I am not sure what the rule books say, I do know they cannot act crazy when they get touchdowns, but the boy, a young adult, was giving glory to God and honestly, that brings a smile to my face. Offering support for what R.J. did, and rightly so I think, the whole town basically now wears " To God be the Glory" t-shirts ( that seems to be a hot item also now for EVERYONE around AND outside the town) at every game.

Over and over again in the Bible, there are verses talking about giving God the glory:

Listen! Do not be proud, for the Lord has spoken. Give glory to the Lord your God before it is too late . . .” Jeremiah 13:15-17.

Give glory to God by telling the truth, because we know Jesus is a sinner’”John 9:24.

“‘Fear God,’ he shouted, ‘Give glory to him [God] . . .’” Revelation 14:6-7.


There is no reason to be ashamed of God or letting people know we love Him. I think maybe sometimes we think people will look at us strange, call us names, or won't want to be around us. But this young man, well he should make us all proud. In sports, I have seen for myself, in my child's own games, where they makes points or score and they work hard at practice and think its all them. They think THEY are the ones who makes them able to do what they do. This young man KNOWS why he can do what he does and he was not ashamed to say it. WAY TO GO R.J.!! We should all take a note from you!!

I love you all, have a blessed day and Lord willing, we will talk again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment