Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My daughter wants to be a lawyer/WNBA basketball star. My middle child wants to be an artist and the baby, well, he has alot of things he wants to do. I believe that with a whole lot of work and putting their minds to it, my children can do and be anything they want to. They have the right, the God given right to make those choices that affect their lives. My children have dreams, but I also think God has plans for them too that may or may not include the things they have in mind. We are all called to be like Christ, and as many "great" things as we may do in our lives that impress people here, God may not be as impressed if it is not His plan we are following.

It took me just about all my life, but I finally realize God has a specific purpose for me as He does for everyone. It wasn't something that just hit me, I haven't always known and honestly, I am not completely sure I still understand it all, but I know its there. God didn't knock me over the head, there were no neon signs.. actually it wasn't until I started asking sincerely that I started hearing what it was He was trying to tell me. And it wasn't in my timing, it was all in His. I am an impatient person, I make no bones about that and waiting is not something I like, still don't. But in order for God's plan to work like He wanted, I had to be ready. What good would it have done if my mind and heart were not the right place? I also had to realize (and we all do) that if God chose me to do something, then it's gonna be done right. He is not going to give you something He didn't think you could handle. Perfect example.. Paul. Who would have ever thought that a man who persecuted Christians would be one of the greatest teachers of the gospel of all times??

Romans 8:28 - We know that in all things God works for the good of those that love Him who have been called according to His purpose.

If we trust in God, He will direct our paths and the purpose will become clearer, but remembering that our first and foremost purpose is to love God with all our hearts and to do the things that please Him.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and Lord willing, we will talk again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment