Wednesday, October 14, 2009

TGIF !!!!!!

I am a Facebook junkie and Monday, a friend of mine had 'TGIF' on her update. I thought, how odd.. today is Monday and she is already talking about TGIF but under her update, she said" Today God is First'. Kinda makes TGIF more meaningful to me now!

We tend to put so many more things ahead of God in our daily lives. There is work, which I do believe is important. After all God does say, if a man doesn't work, he doesn't eat, I think we should try to be successful in our work and do the best we can, but it should never take the place of God. Some people want a "day of rest" on Sunday so they can relax and get ready for the next week, and I do not think God wants us NOT resting and having fun, but there is a time and place for everything and pleasure should not be the main thing we focus on. And as much as my family is important to me, they do not and should not come before God. God expects us to take care of our families, but God should always come first.. the rest then falls into place.

Matthew 6:31-36 "So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

God tells us in Matthew to seek Him first and everything else will be add to us. He tells us right here that if we serve Him, He will make sure we have everything we need. Even as I read this, I wonder about all the people in the world who are having such a hard time right now, God's own children and honestly, I have no answer. I wish I did, but I DO know God is a God of His word and if He says it, I believe it. And in order to put God's kingdom first, we need to be a part of it. We must believe that Christ came and shed blood for us. We need to make sure we are reading and learning the way God wants us to live everyday and serve Him through your church as the faithful loving servant He expects us to be.

TGIF, today and everyday make God first.

1 comment:

  1. All of those are questions I've been contemplating lately.. The whys of this broken world. I think you're right. We may not know the answers. He may not want us to know the answers! But, I do know the way to find peace in no knowing the answers! Preach on girls!

    ReplyDelete