Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Can't be nothing but God!

I have always had an explanation for pretty much everything that has happened in my life. The good and the bad, there has always been a reason. For the most part, it was something that I had done to cause something so I knew exactly why. For the past few months, there have been some things happening and I have no explanation for them. Someone actually asked me about it one day, and I tried to explain and for the first time in a long time, I fumbled through words and thoughts, trying to make it make sense from my point of view and I couldn't and she looked at me and said " Can't be nothing but God, how else would you not be able to explain it." At first I was like well, that doesn't really make sense to me, but hmmmm I am not so sure now.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart (Jeremiah 29:11-13, NIV).

I have said this before, but let me say it again and hear me well, I am not perfect, I don't have all the answers nor do I think I know everything. What I DO know is what has gone on in my own personal life and how things have flopped or progressed, and let me tell you I have been praying more this past year than I have in my entire life. I have been trying my very best to be open with God, not like He doesn't know anyway, but He expects me to come to Him with the good and bad and I have. I have tried my best to turn things over to Him and not do it myself and I think, no I know He is listening and starting to move in ways I thought would never happen. Don't get me wrong now, everything is not perfect now, there is still ALOT of room to improve and do better, I don't have everything I want, but I realize that I have what I need and God is taking care of me as only He can.

"Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:12-13 NIV)." "Then you will... " When? "When we get selfishness and self-will out of the way; when we want NOTHING but God's will, when we seek him with our whole heart. Then we will find him, then we will call upon him and he will answer." When we seek God with our whole hearts, there is nothing or no one that can stop God's plan from working in our lives. I am truly blessed!

This past Sunday at my church was our Operation Serve. That is where we have a short morning service and then we split up into groups going to different places (Rescue Mission, shelters, etc.) and help any way we can. This year one of those places happened to be my house. There was a group that came and trimmed hedges, cleaned my roof, fixed things that I had no clue how to do...and I want to say THANK YOU! You will never know how much I appreciate that. The house looks great and I love you all very much!!!

Until next time, Lord willing, we will talk again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment