Thursday, October 1, 2009

My sons are very close. They are each other's best friend. They do everything together and I do mean everything!! A few weeks ago, Christian got to go home with one of his friends at church to spend the day with him. When I said yes, I had no idea what I was in store for at home. As I got in the car, Khaaliq's first question was " where is Christian?" This was NOT going to be good. " He went home with Mason" and the look I got... well, I just decided to look away. Brianna on the other hand was really happy about this for some reason, go figure. So as we were going home, I decided to get lunch for us and maybe Khaaliq would feel better. We got home, ate lunch and I decided to take a nap.. amazing how one child missing from the equation makes the house a little less noisy. Brianna was content, talking and texting away but Khaaliq..well, he wasn't feeling the JOY Brianna was. He was missing his other half and my nap turned into him coming in my room EVERY 10 minutes asking was it time to go back to church and get Christian. He was pretty happy when we got to life group to find his brother had not left him for good.

Last night at church, Matt asked us to write down some things that we knew for sure about God, that didn't change no matter what. There were alot of things mentioned, but the one that was in my mind was that He is always there, no matter what is going on, no matter if you decided you want His help or not, no matter if you and I have a problem at the same time... He is there ready and willing to help us.

I think about the movie Bruce Almighty... where everyone was praying and Bruce, who decided he wanted to be god, could hear all the prayers... at one time! The computer was keeping track of them and they were coming in so fast, he couldn't keep up. I remember being young, and thinking God must have like a million eyes and arms (which I wasn't sure I actually WANTED to see Him at that point) to keep up with us all at the same time! But our God is omnipresent.. He is everywhere all the time and he will never leave us alone. That comforts me every night when I think I can't go on, when I think I can't take one more day... God covers me with His love and let's me know it is all going to be okay.

I hope you all have a great day. Hasn't it been beautiful this week?!? I'm telling you, try sitting outside one night this week and just listening. It will do wonders for you! Lord willing, we will talk again soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment