Friday, October 23, 2009

It's been a very long week, not bad, just long. All I could think about was Friday at 1:00pm so I could just go home and basically just sit and do nothing. Seems like everyday after work, there is something to do: basketball practice, homework for the kids, cooking, cleaning, washing... my list could go on and on. And I think after a while as my grandma always tells me, I start to wear down. This week would be one of those. Well Thursday I had a meeting to go to after work and honestly, I did NOT want to go (sorry ladies!!). It was a JWCA meeting and we were having a kick off dinner for the Lights of Love at Phoebe. Now as good a cause as this is, I was just tired and my mind was not really in it, but I prepared to go anyway.

I had to stop by the store to pick up a bag of candy, the whole time telling myself I really wished I was home but that I would go anyway. As I got out of the car, I caught one of the most beautiful sights I had seen: there was a huge cloud in the sky. It wasn't round, it was more oblong and had ripples in it. On the each end of the cloud was an opening, a hole if you will and coming out, on each side was a rainbow that went straight down to the ground. It was absolutely beautiful and the people around me going in and out of the store didn't even seem to notice. I text my friend Paige because she takes pictures and I was sure she didn't want to miss this. I stood there for at least 5 minutes I know looking at the sight, wishing I had a camera of my own right then. I went into the store, got my things and went to my meeting feeling alot better.

When I got to the meeting, I talked to friends, had dinner and began to listen to the woman that would be the official tree lighter for the 2009 Lights of Love ceremony, Mrs. Linda Gray. Mrs. Gray has ovarian cancer and basically she was told she would not be alive today at the stage she was when she found out. They were wrong. As she talked, I don't think there was a dry eye in the room. I was again reminded last night that it was not about me. I get so consumed in my little world that I forget there are so many more people out there with bigger problems and situations. I left last night with Mrs. Gray on my mind and prayed that God once again perform a miracle as I know He still can!

I hope you all have a blessed weekend. My daughter and the rest of the teen girls from my church are going a conference this weekend. Please pray for their safe travels! Until next time, Lord willing..

No comments:

Post a Comment