Tuesday, October 6, 2009

It has been a really long week already. My computer is still not working at home so not much writing going on there, the weather is doing something funny, and I have a sick child. This past weekend I learned that one of my high school classmates had passed away. Once again, I started to do alot of thinking and talking with other classmates about this and how we really don't stop to think that one day, our time will come too and will we be ready.

Death, for me, is not a favorite topic . My prayer has always been that God allow me to be here until my children are all grown up and can take care of themselves. Now, that doesn't mean I want to go soon after, but I guess I always wanted to just make sure they were okay. But honestly, it could happen today, or tomorrow or next week and as morbid as it may be to some, and as much as we hate talking about it, we need to make sure that every minute of our lives, in all aspects, are minutes we use to serve God and please Him.

By no means do I think we need to consume ourselves with thinking about death every minute of the day, but God does say " There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die..." Ecclesiastes 3:1-2. The minute we are born, we begin to die. Question is " What are we going to do with the short time we have here on Earth"? When my parents passed away, I was a mess, but after a few years of counseling, some time and alot of praying, I know the lives they lived and I have no doubt as to where they are right now. That makes me want even more to make sure that I am living the way God would have me to so that one day I can see them again. Death is not the end, it can be a new beginning.

I am praying for the family of Ricky Massey, my DCHS Class of '91 friend. I know that right now it is really hard and there are alot of questions that may never get answered, but know that God knows best and nothing He does is in vain.

I hope I have not depressed you too much, but honestly, what if today WAS your last day... what would you do with it?

I love you all bunches and maybe AT&T will find it in their hearts to send my new power cord so I can be hooked up to the world again.. : ) Until next time, Lord willing....

No comments:

Post a Comment