Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's really amazing how Satan works if you think about it. We are strutting through our days, minding out own business, with seemingly not a care in the world and all of a sudden, he hits us like a ton of bricks: with all the things we should and need to be thanking God for, all the blessings He gives to us on a daily basis, we instead concentrate with our lips poked out about what we DON'T have and why God has not given us what we asked for. And it really doesn't have to be big things..... I need to lose weight, I need to gain weight, I wish I had new furniture, I need a new job, kids are working my nerves, I really wish I had more money, and on and on and on. Never satisfied, never really happy.

So once Satan has filled our head with a bunch of lies, we forget everything that we know and try to go out and get all the things we think we need. Forgetting the whole time about waiting on God and His promises. THEN, we mess it up and what happens? Well, from my own personal experiences, I can tell you its either blame God or try to hide from God. Both of which will mess you up every time.

Instead of listening to the lies that Satan is trying to sell us on, we need to remember that God made us all unique. We are not and will not all be the same. God is not interested in any of the material stuff that we accumulate. It's His anyway. Start each day off by thanking God for the things that He's done for you. Concentrate on the positive and not on the things that keep you down. I'm learning that it really makes the days better.

It's going to rain all day here today. Be careful if you are out and about today and until next time, Lord willing... be blessed!

3 comments:

  1. Preach it sister! I don't often make resolutions as I hate feeling like a failure when I fall short on them. But being thankful and thinking only on God and doing my utmost to wait on him and be grateful for all that I have because of HIM. That is something I promised myself I would work on.

    I love how you said we all either blame or hide from God when we listen to that evil monsterous thing that wants us to live opposite of how God knows is best for us.

    I am grateful that You speak so openly about these things. God truly lead me to your blog.

    I am blessed for having followed you.

    Be blessed by blessing others.

    ~ Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very true! I wrote a little rhyme a few days ago that says:
    "Don't compare your path,
    To that of your brother,
    For he is one person,
    And you are quite another."

    -It goes along with exactly what you said. We need to be thankful for our paths in life, and what God has blessed us with in them. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to say thank you to you both for reading my blogs. I still find it odd sometimes that people I don't know find my life worth reading about. God is wonderful and continues to amaze me by bringing new friends into my life everyday!

    Be blessed!!

    Danette

    ReplyDelete