Monday, February 1, 2010

We are still studying Nehemiah in my Sunday school class, and I must say I am really enjoying it. It's amazing how a book of the Bible that seems so uninteresting can teach you so much. Nehemiah centered everything he did around prayer. It seems that when he started his journey, he prayed, when  he spoke with the king about help, he prayed and throughout the entire process, he knew who he needed to be getting advice and help from. At the end of class, someone made a comment that kinda stuck with me that whole day...and its one of those things that you KNOW, but it takes someone actually saying it again and in a different way for you to go " hmmmm, I really need to work and think on that." But the comment was (and this is not word for word so excuse me) but when we pray to God, we have to really make sure we are praying right. All of us are sinners and it says in Isaiah 59 - " But your iniquities have separated you from God; and your sins have hidden His face from you so He will not hear you."

I mean REALLY read that..... " your sins have separated you and He will not hear you"

Alright, we have ALL sinned and fallen short of God's glory, we all know that. So when we pray, like Nehemiah did in Nehemiah 1.. he acknowledged the fact that #1, God is almighty and all powerful, the one and only. #2, that he, Nehemiah, his family had sinned against Him by not obeying His commands and he asked for forgiveness. Then, he began to ask for help.

God word is true and He loves each and every one of us, but in order (and these are my words) for Him to hear us and answer our prayers, we have to confess to Him daily when we do wrong. Now I have no clue if this is the "big sin, little sin" kinda deal where one out weighs the other as some people would like to think, but it plainly says that sin separates us from God so if we are separated, it stands to reason that during those times, He has a deaf ear when we pray. NOT that He doesn't love us, but is waiting on us to come and ask for forgiveness. And to be honest, even though like I said, I knew this, I never really thought about it like I should.

I pray you all had a wonderful weekend and a great rest of the day. Lord willing,we will talk again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment