Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A few weeks ago someone in our office received a letter. Now I have only been working here 7 years, so I do not know this person who sent the letter but I found it very interesting. Seems that when he worked here, he was not the nicest person in the world. His attitude was bad and as he explained in the letter, he was just at a bad point in his life. For whatever reason, he left here and moved on, but not without thinking about this place it seems. As the letter went on, he said that he had finally come to a better place in his life and that place included God and family. He apologized for how he had acted so many years ago and even enclosed a check for some snacks he hd gotten out of the machine when he was working late one night that he had not paid for.

Like I said, I don't know this man but I couldn't help but think about a TV show that I really like " My Name is Earl", where Earl basically has a list of all the bad things he has done in his life time and he is going back trying to make them right. The show is really funny, and I guess I really have never thought about it, until the letter showed up in the office.

"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you” (Matthew 6:14).

Seems to me all he was asking for was forgiveness. It took alot for him (In my opinion) to even sit down and write the letter. He could have gone on with his life, putting it all in the back of his mind and not caring at all. As far as I am concerned, he did exactly what he was suppose to do. But forgiveness is a two way street ya know. You haev the person asking for it, but the receiver has a duty also. God commands us to forgive. Not always an easy task I know. It took me a longtime and I mean a LONG time to forgive some folks in my life for things that were done to me. And there are times that I remember (and I think thats okay) but I try really hard, not to let it consume me like it use to.

If we cannot forgive people for the petty (and sometiems not so petty) things they do to us, how can we expect God to hear or listen to us when we ask for His forgiveness?

I hope you all have a blessed day! It's gonna be a good one.. until next time, Lord willing

No comments:

Post a Comment