Monday, December 7, 2009

We complain alot.. ever notice that? If it's not one thing, it's another and most of the time it's about things that we cannot change anyway. We complain about work, our bosses, the kids not doing what we want them to, didn't get the raise we wanted, clothes didn't fit this morning, we complain about rules and regulations (I hear that alot from my kids). Some of us, and I say US because I am included in the bunch too, are really good at complaining too, but how good are we at listening and obeying God's Word?

The Bible says though, if I am not in the Father's Word, then I am not obeying, and therefore not trusting Him. There have been many times I have trusted things around me before I ever even thought about calling God's name. And of course, it never worked out. We all get consumed and lately I find my consumption has alot to do with my children. Basketball practice and games take up alot of my time and that is not a bad thing at all. The problem comes in when I get so busy and "forget" that I have not spoken to God or picked up my Bible.

Juts the other day, I was talking to my daughter about her grades and basketball and I tried to explain to her that although she loves basketball, if the grades are not there, then basketball goes away. It's about what's really important and what should come first. The same with God. God knows everything that I "have" to do and I seriously doubt that if I take time out to study like I am suppose to, that He would allow me to slack in other areas in my life. Honestly, it seems when I DO my studying and talking is when I have time for everything, with a little to spare. So I guess what if boils downs to is what's more important to you and me. Take time out today (and everyday) for God.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, it was beautiful!! Lord willing, we will talk again soon

No comments:

Post a Comment