Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My kids cannot wait until Christmas. Honestly, if it was not for them, I wouldn't not even bother. They told me what they wanted (which has nothing to do with NEED let me tell you) and I got started. The tree is up and they have a few gifts under it and everyday, like clockwork, the boys go into the living room, turn the tree on and start picking up boxes, shaking each one trying to guess what they are. Funny thing is, after Christmas, they will probably play with the toys a few weeks and then forget all about them until the next Christmas rolls around.

As Christians, our gift is different. We must first look to Jesus and believe that He is God's Son. When we come to receive Jesus as our Savior and have faith and trust, we receive the gift of eternal life. And that is one gift that never gets old. I hope this holiday season, you all remember what it's really about. I know how hard it is for kids to focus when they see all the fancy lights and boxes, but take some time out to tell them about the very special gift that God gave them and that no one can take away!

I love you all, have a blessed day and be a blessing. Lord willing, we will talk again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment