Monday, December 14, 2009

My daughter has always been "older" than she really is. An " old soul" as the old folks say. When she was born, we lived with my parents and although she went to a day care because I worked, she was always around adults who didn't " baby" her with all the goo goo, ga ga stuff. We talked to her as we would anyone else. Almost like an adult and although I have had many people tell me how I should not have done that, well it is what it is. When my mom died, my daughter at 3 yrs old could tell you exactly how it happened, and I do mean exactly. That was just Bri. As she has gotten older, I realize how I tend to still treat her like an adult, although she is definitely not there yet.

I was reading a message by Pastor Rick Warren, and he was talking about there being no shortcuts to Maturity and it hit me about Brianna. There is no way I can make things happen faster than she is ready for. Mature for her age, yes, knows alot, afraid so, but still not ready to tackle the world and the things going on it it just yet. I wonder sometimes if I am even ready for some of the things I will have to face.

Philippians 1:5-6 (Msg) - "Every time you cross my mind, I break out in exclamations of thanks to God. Each exclamation is a trigger to prayer. I find myself praying for you with a glad heart. I am so pleased that you have continued on in this with us, believing and proclaiming God's Message, from the day you heard it right up to the present. There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears."

God does not expect us to grow up fast like I tend to do with my children. It's not important for us to know everything there is to know right this very moment. God wants us to grow strong in Him and in His Word, studying daily and taking it all in. That process, well it could take a lifetime, but in the end, will be well worth it. At 36, there is still so much for me to learn and trust me, everyday is a new experience for me. I use to have to know all the answers and get really mad when I didn't. Now I realize that I am not going to know everything, and it's okay. God does not have a problem with that so neither should I.

I have to literally talk to and remind myself that my almost 15 yr old is not an adult. She has a long way to go and for as much as I do not want her to have to deal with anything that I had to, in order for her to grow and mature in Christ.. well she just might have to and hopefully she will realize that God is still there routing for her the whole while. I just pray...

The weekend was wonderful, it really was! It rained pretty much the whole weekend. My heat went out (again), water pipe busted on my street, so no water unless it was boiled.. and it was still a great weekend. Hope yours was too! Until next time, Lord willing...

No comments:

Post a Comment