Wednesday, January 27, 2010

We are studying Nehemiah in my Sunday School class .We actually just got started last week, going through the history and all. And honestly, I don't think I have ever read much of that book before in my life. I know Nehemiah was suppose to be really short.. that's about it. But as I have been going through the book, I noticed something.

Nehemiah's task was to rebuild the the city of Jerusalem. It was a task that God gave to Him but as far as I can tell, Nehemiah had no idea how this was to be done. And he knew it and the first thing he did was fast and pray for God's guidance and success in rebuilding the city. As the story goes on, Nehemiah got help from the king for a safe passage and for money to do this. He faced criticism by some and got help from others and in the end, not only did he rebuild the city, but he rebuilt the people also. And throughout the entire story, it was obvious how Nehemiah got any of this done.... pray.

From the beginning to the end, Nehemiah knew who had the ultimate control and he acknowledged that, even after seemingly being overwhelmed from the beginning.

And our lives are no different as I see it. In my own life, there are so many things that can throw me off at any given time and there are times that I let that get to me. Satan likes that. He likes that the sense of feeling overwhelmed and not knowing what the end result will be will keep us from communication with the only one who is able to help us. If we truly give it to God, then leave it alone! It's done, quit bringing it up and really believe that God has a plan for it all. Who knows, He may be using you to transform a nation just like Nehemiah.

Be blessed my friends and until next time, Lord willing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment