Friday, January 8, 2010

January 8, 1973

Yep, that's MY day (although I have to share it w/ Elvis) but today is my birthday! I am 37 yrs old and let me tell you.. I remember being 18 and actually saying to someone, " MAN 30 is old!!". I look back on it and laugh now because I in no way feel or even at old today!! Not exactly sure what I am doing today. My daughter has an out of town basketball game so she will be gone but my ex is watching the boys so that my boyfriend and I can go out a while. Not sure what he has planned for me but I'm sure it will be nice.

Let me just say I miss my mom alot today. See every year for as long as I can remember, she made me my FAVORITE cake for my birthday... red velvet. I have had other make me cakes on my birthday and as good as they are...they are not my mom's cake. My dad would always give me money because he never really was sure what he would buy was what I would want. The money worked though..lol. My brother, who is in Afghanistan right now sent me birthday wishes first thing this morning and my kids... OH MYYYYY ..they gang jumped me this morning at 6:00 AM singing HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! It was really sweet!!

I am happy today. Happy that God saw fit to let me live another year. Happy that He has blessed me more that I can tell you or even think. Today is going to be an extra good day. No worries, no stresses, no issues... even if just for today!! Thanks for all the birthday wishes, Facebook messages, calls and text messages. I feel really special and am blessed to know and feel the love you all have shown me.

Love you all bunches!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment