Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I just needed a moment,....that's all

I worry. I use to think it was just in my nature. But when things happen, I automatically go into frantic mode and get all stressed out about how I am going to handle or deal with a particular situation. You would think after writing so much and giving out all this "advice" I would know better, but like I have said time and time again, I still have issues that I work on everyday.

Yesterday was no different. Something happened and it totally threw me for a loop and I automatically went into " I'm going to lose my mind mode". This time though I figured I would have someone panic with me so I picked up the phone and dialed and told my story to them. His response........ "I love you and I'm here for you. Two heads are better than one. God will not forsake us as long as we believe."

Ahhhh this is NOT what I wanted. I needed you to be mad with me, to be upset with me, NOT tell me it would be okay. But you know what... it really WILL be okay.

Philippians 4:6-7 (MSG) " Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayer, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything comes together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life."

I have read that verse alot in the past year, over and over and no matter what is going on in my life, it is always relevant. Me stressing and worrying is not going to solve anything. The only thing it is going to do and DOES do is paralyze me, makes me concentrate on things that keep me from moving forward in my life, it becomes the center of my life. And further more, the kids pick up on it and they play off of my emotions. So instead of worrying, I (we) need to talk to God. Tell Him whats going on (He knows anyway) and lay it all down at His feet. And be done with it. Not saying that you need not take any action and just wait for something to drop out of the sky, but trust God to actually BE God and do what He said He would.

I woke up this morning, refreshed. Not really sure what will happen with that situation or any other one for that matter. All I know is it really IS wonderful when Christ takes the worry from being the center of your life. Things are and will be okay.

I hope you all have a blessed day. I actually think it may warm up a little this weekend! Be safe and Lord willing, we will talk again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment