Monday, July 18, 2011

I have always been the type of person who had alot of "friends". Tony is the complete opposite of me. He has a few friends but is really cautious about who he lets in his life, for whatever reason. As I have gotten older though, I realize that not all these people are what I would call true friends. I mean sure, they make me laugh, but do they really love me enough to share with me what God has done for them and vice versa. Are they the kind of friends that are helping me grow in my daily walk with Christ or are they just there so I can say I have 900 "friends" on Facebook?

Things really kind of hit home for me this past weekend. I went to two funerals, one of which was a friend of mine that I worked with. Jeff was a great guy and I really mean that. There is not a soul that can say a negative word about him, not one. But honestly, even after working with him, I have no idea where he was with God. I heard the people talking about him at his funeral and from that I got that he loved God and they knew he was with Jesus now. And that's a good thing, I just never knew it.

I am doing a ladies Bible class at church and I cannot tell you how good that's been for me. And to be quite honest, it's not just about the study. It's about my friends, who pray for and with me, my friends who care if I am making the right choices, my friends who know by the tone of my voice or the look on my face that something is wrong. And its not just to get the latest gossip, it's because they care and want me to be the best I can be for God.

Ephesians 4:16: From him [Christ] the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.

Again, I am reminded of what Pam always says, " be blessed and BE A BLESSING". So many times we forget that last part cause we want what we want and tend to forget about the rest of the world. It's not always about giving someone something they can touch, but blessing them with God's word and His love. I thank God for my friends, I really do. They are a true blessing to me and I am not even sure they know it!

I pray for Jeff's family. Death is hard enough, but for a mother to lose a child... I can't imagine. I pray for my friend Shauwan and her mom. They found out that Mrs. Daniels has a rare blood disease that was causing her plasma to basically kill her. Thank GOD they caught it in time and are doing a transfusion as we speak. I saw her Saturday and she was feeling much better. I pray for Charlene's mom, Mrs Heath. She started Chemo and as expected, has good and bad days.

It's been a long weekend. But through it all, God is good. Until next time, be a blessing for someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment