Monday, December 13, 2010

"Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life." - Philippians 4:6-7 (The Message)

I think that my day, every day, should start and end with this verse. Worry seems to be commonplace for me. I can be truckin along just fine, like this past weekend. It was absolutely GREAT, every minute of it. Although a bit chilly, I was able to get out in the beautiful weather, watch my daughter play basketball, run around with Tony doing some Christmas shopping and just enjoying things that God has placed in my life. And then Sunday night happened. Nothing actually happened, but I knew that once my head hit the pillow, Monday would soon be upon me. Now this may seem crazy to some of you, and that's OK, but Fri-Sun is not just a weekend for me, it's a time of peace. No work, no worries, no stresses that normal life brings. Sunday night, ahhhhh that is a beast of another character. Every issue that I have seem to all creep back in my mind on Sunday night and yesterday, I, being the person I am, added yet ANOTHER stress to my life.

I know God is up there. I mean I can't see Him, but He's there but I always have a hard time remembering that He is in control no matter what. I am a helper. That's my job as a mom ya know. I HELP my kids when they can't do things. I help at work, I help my friends... I'm a helper. So seems really natural for me that even though I pray for peace, calmness and God's help and guidance in my life, that I still "help" Him along and fix the things that need fixing in my life. Makes perfect sense to me. After all, I have said it before, time and time again.... it IS MY life, and I am perfectly capable of knowing what is best for me and my family, right?

But I guess what it boils down to is when I try to do God's job in my life, I am basically saying that HE can't handle it. That He doesn't have a clue as to what I need and what is best for me. And I do know better than that, but for folks like me, the helper, the one who can always fix stuff, the truth of the matter is ...that's a hard pill to swallow.

Praying and worrying don't mix well together. There is nothing good at all about worry. Praying is always good. Worry stresses you and everyone around you out. It can make the strongest man or woman break totally down. Praying is noting but positive, makes all the fears go away. It is what I have to remind myself of everyday. So I woke up this morning after a really "EH" night and prayed. I got to work and prayed. No need in worrying about things that I have no control over. God knows best and knows what is best in my life as well. May not be what I think I need or want, but will probably work out better in the long run anyway.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. It really was a nice one. A bit cold for Albany, but beautiful. Until next time, Lord willing, we will talk again. "Be blessed and be a blessing"

No comments:

Post a Comment