Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Right or Left?

Last night I posted a comment on Facebook: "Do you ever wonder maybe if you took a left turn instead of a right, you could be someone different?"

It wasn't meant to sound like I didn't like my life or that I thought I had taken some wrong path. I actually think that right and left could be right or wrong, depending on the person. Our decisions and choices shape who we are and we learn from them, either way. But then I think... those same choices, good and/or bad, also are creating our future, because those choices will determine whether we go to heaven or hell. And in the United States, we are especially proud that we have the "right to choose" but rarely do people think about the consequences of these actions and choices.

My daughter told me the other day that she really didn't know what she believed or what she should do, so she just decided to "do something" and that something happens to not be good. But trying to explain that even the choices you are making today will effect you in 10, 15 or 20 years, well... let's just say, I am still trying to explain, and not from what I read or heard, but from what I know.

The Bible says "to overcome evil with good" and the way to do this is making a effort to change our thoughts and actions to positive one. Really ask, WWJD??? And then do it. Ask God to allow the Spirit to move in our lives, to guide us in the right direction so that our future will be secure with Him.

I pray you all have a great day. I had a bit of insomnia last night. I think I finally laid down around 3:00AM so I pray that I don't pay for it today! I love you all and until next time, "be blessed and be a blessing"!

No comments:

Post a Comment